Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 245
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place butternut squash, cut-side up, in a 9x13-inch baking dish; cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until squash is tender, about 45 minutes. Cool slightly. Scoop flesh from butternut squash and transfer to a bowl; mash.
- Cook and stir pine nuts in a dry, heavy skillet over medium heat until toasted and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir pine nuts, rice, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, egg, ginger root, garlic, salt, and black pepper into mashed butternut squash until evenly combined; shape into patties.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat; cook patties, working in batches, until crispy and browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Cook's Notes:
- Great way to use up left over cooked squash and rice. Can put together in a few minutes if squash and rice are pre-cooked. I melted fresh mozzarella cheese on top. Can coat patties with bread crumbs before frying for a crispier texture.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 245 calories; 9.9 34.8 7.4 34 136 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Yummy.. my only change was to use a spicy salt. I love butternut squash, but I like it best with a little heat to offset the sweet
So good I dreamed about it the night after making it. this recipe is definitely a keeper.
Made these with barley added hemp hearts for added protein used basil but next time will try thyme and some minced onion to increase savory flavor
fab recipe. i used pearl barley insted of rice but came out great and super tasty.