Ingredients1 h servings 265
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter or spray a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Stir butternut squash, 1/4 cup softened butter, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat; stir in apples and white sugar. Cover skillet and simmer over low heat until apples are barely tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk flour, oats, 1/3 cup brown sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Cut 1/4 cup butter into flour mixture using a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in pecans.
- Spread apple mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Spoon butternut squash mixture over apples; sprinkle with topping.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling and lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
Per Serving: 265 calories; 13.3 38 2.1 29 143 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
This casserole is delicious. I mostly followed the recipe but had to make a couple of changes according to what I had on hand. I used a variety of apples (Golden Delicious plus two other varieti...
I made this as a breakfast dish and now think of it as a version of apple crisp. I knew my family would love the topping, which they did. I followed the recipe pretty closely but was not a re...
I loved it and so did the other adult who tried it. The two kids (young adults) where not quite so enthusiastic. I think they prejudged it because it had "squash" in it.
Excellent dish! I've made this dish a few times now. Everyone loves it. I've played with the recipe every time. As long as you use baking apples it doesn't really matter which ones you use. Howe...
I made this for a brunch and it was a huge hit. Everyone thought it was pumpkin, not squash. I increased the amounts to fill a 9x13 dish. I used Macintosh apples and they cooked nicely. Also add...
Ok there were a few things that I did a little different. They were purely due to family preferences. I added an extra 2 cups of apples and doubled the topping. I also knew it wouldn't be enoug...