Almost Tuscan Sausage and Kale Soup
Ingredients45 m servings 329
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat until the oil shimmers; cook and stir onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, and black pepper until onion is translucent, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix sausage, basil, and paprika together in a bowl.
- Stir sausage mixture into onion mixture; cook and stir until sausage is browned and fully cooked, 5 to 10 minutes. Add chicken broth, kale, cannellini beans, and potatoes to sausage-onion mixture; lower heat to medium low. Cover stockpot and simmer until potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- To speed cooking time, I usually steam the potatoes while I'm heating the oil and cooking the sausage. That way, I only have to heat the soup 10 more minutes once I mix in the potatoes with everything else. But if you have the patience it's worth it to cook the potatoes the slow way. Also, I love spices so I usually toss in a bit of cumin to cook with the onion and garlic.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 329 calories; 17.6 24.8 18.3 34 910 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 65
Made this recipe last night. I added a little more red pepper and garlic than called for, because I love garlic and spicy food. I think it was so much better than the one at the restaurant. I ...
Thank you so much!! It taste just like that you would get from that Olive place. Mmmmm!! Only thing I did different was I used beef stock instead of chicken & that's only because I accidentall...
Made a double size pot of this. Only thing I changed was to use turnips rather than potatoes, (slightly longer cook time) and to dash in some white wine after doing the garlic and onions to rele...
Delicious! I was looking for a healthy soup recipe containing Italian sausage and this recipe definitely exceeded my expectations. I made 2 slight modifications to the recipe. I substituted tur...
Followed the recipe as instructed. Absolutely delicious. This will go into my winter soup file.
Made it exactly as recipe stated and it was very good, was looking for a recipe that didn't call for cream.
I made this for lunch today, and it was amazing! My boyfriend really liked it too. Instead of cannelloni beans, I used just generic canned white beans. And I added more salt and garlic than what...
I really liked this but it was still too salty with the reduced sodium broth. I'll go with no sodium next time. A great way to get in some healthy greens!