How to Make Roasted Red Potatoes
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 190 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pour olive oil into a heavy baking dish (such as an enameled cast iron dish). Place potatoes into the baking dish and toss to coat with olive oil. Sprinkle with fresh thyme sprigs, kosher salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and red bell pepper pieces.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Toss vegetables to turn over. Some potatoes may stick; don't try to turn them. Return to oven and bake for 20 more minutes.
- Toss potatoes again, turning potatoes so unbrowned sides contact the bottom of the dish. Continue baking until potatoes are browned and tender, about 15 more minutes.
- Turn oven off and leave potatoes in the oven for 15 more minutes. Toss once more and adjust levels of salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper before transferring potatoes to a serving bowl.
Per Serving: 190 calories; 9.3 g fat; 25 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 77 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 42
I always thought roasting 'taters was sooo easy. Truth is, sometimes they were good and sometimes, not so much. This requires more time but less stressing over sticking and burning. The outside ...
Terrific recipe! It is absolutely delicious and I highly recommend it. Thanks Chef John.
Excellent recipe. I used 1 pound of potatoes seasoned with salt, freshly ground black pepper, thyme and red pepper flakes. After the first 30 minutes I added one whole cut up large red bell pepp...
I made this recipe last night as a side to the Chicken Cordon Bleu II recipe on this site. (also an awesome recipe!) I'm not a potato lover in general b/c I think they are too starchy and bland...
Just like the video suggested, I used fresh rosemary instead of thyme because that's what I had. These were a great side-dish!
OMG!!! About says it all. I left off the thyme and bell peppers ( my husband doesn't like green things ) and added some garlic. These are now our favorite potatoes. Thank you so much Chef John!!
LOVE! My husband and I fight over the crispy potatoes and this recipe helps make them all so crispy and yummy!!!
I followed the recipe as written and these potatoes turned out perfectly. Crispy and nicely browned on the outside but moist and yummy on the inside. Served this with Sage Pork Chops from this...