Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 340
Original recipe yields 15 servings
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with parchment paper, extending foil over the edges of the pan. Place 1 1/2 cups Ghirardelli(R) Dark Melting Wafers in a microwave-safe container. Microwave at half power or defrost setting for 30 seconds. Stir thoroughly (product keeps it original shape until stirred). If not completely melted, continue to microwave at 15 second intervals and stir until smooth. Overheating will cause wafers to burn. Pour melted wafers onto parchment paper and spread into a 8x11-inch rectangle about 1/8-inch thick. Let stand for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar, milk, and almond extract with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Stir in coconut and toasted sliced almonds.
- Spread coconut mixture evenly over the hardened bottom.
- Place remaining Ghirardelli(R) Dark Melting Wafers in a microwave-safe container. Microwave at half power or defrost setting for 30 seconds. Stir thoroughly. If not completely melted, continue to microwave at 15 second intervals and stir until smooth. Overheating will cause wafers to burn.
- Drizzle melted wafers over coconut mixture. Let stand for at least 30 minutes or until firm. After mixture sets, use paper to lift candy out of pan. Cut candy into bite-size squares.
You might also like
- * To toast almonds or coconut, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread almonds or coconut in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until light brown, watching carefully and shaking once or twice.
- To store, place in a single layer in an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 340 calories; 19.2 43.2 2.2 16 95 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
These taste fantastic, and are surprisingly easy to make, but I have 2 suggestions: 1. I used more milk than the 1 tablespoon this recipe called for (about 3 tablespoons instead). This was bec...