Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 448 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- For centers, in a saucepan, melt 1/3 cup of the Ghirardelli(R) 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and cream over low heat. Remove from heat. Whisk gently to blend. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the amaretto. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Form into 6 balls; refrigerate until needed.
- For cake, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray six 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a double boiler, melt the remaining 2/3 cup Ghirardelli(R) 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and butter over low heat. Remove from heat. Whisk gently to blend. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons amaretto; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, egg yolks, and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and light. Fold melted chocolate mixture and flour into egg mixture just until combined. Spoon cake batter into prepared ramekins. Gently press a chocolate ball into center of cake batter in each ramekin.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cake is firm to the touch. Let ramekins stand on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Run a small, sharp knife around inside of each ramekin. One at a time, place a small plate on top of each ramekin, invert, and remove ramekin. If desired, top each cake with a dollop of whipped cream and chopped toasted* almonds.
- * To toast almonds, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread almonds in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until light brown, watching carefully and shaking once or twice.
Per Serving: 448 calories; 32.9 g fat; 34.6 g carbohydrates; 5.4 g protein; 177 mg cholesterol; 137 mg sodium. Full nutrition