Ingredients2 h servings 953
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chorizo, bacon, and onion in the hot skillet until the sausage and bacon are completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Rinse mixture with hot water to remove as much grease as possible; drain.
- Mix the chorizo mixture, rice, chile peppers, diced tomatoes, Monterey Jack cheese, and salsa together in a large bowl.
- Arrange bell peppers in a baking dish. Spoon filling into the peppers. Place pepper tops on the stuffed peppers. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove the foil and continue baking until the tops of the pepper and any exposed rice are slightly browned, about 30 minutes more.
- Whisk enchilada sauce and ranch dressing mix together in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat enchilada sauce mixture in microwave oven for 2 minutes.
- Whisk sour cream into the enchilada sauce mixture; drizzle over the stuffed peppers.
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 953 calories; 47.5 92.2 36.8 103 1952 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
So good!!! My fiancé took one bite and shouted an expletive that I won't repeat here ;) I used much more cheese, and subbed in canned green chiles for the Anaheims, and I will admit that I only ...
This recipe is exquisite. The sauce is absolutely divine. My family fell in love with this recipe. I used all 4 colors of bell peppers and my family hates cooked peppers. Not a bite was left...
Excellent recipe. I did make a couple of adjustments. I omitted the bacon (not missed), used a mix of cheddar and pepper jack cheeses and increased the overall cheese quantity to 1 1/2 cups, a...
Didn't use bacon in it, but the flavor was amazing! Keeping this recipe!