Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 319
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan; add rice, butter, and salt. Place a cover on the saucepan, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook rice at a simmer until the rice is tender and the moisture is mostly absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Stir half-and-half and sugar into the rice until the sugar dissolves; add cinnamon stick and lemon peel. Bring the mixture to a boil and remove from heat.
- Place a large stainless steel bowl atop a pot of simmering water. Pour the rice mixture into the top of the double boiler and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 45 minutes.
- Pour rice pudding into a serving dish. Remove and discard cinnamon stick and lemon peel from pudding; let cool slightly before garnishing with cinnamon to serve.
- Cook's Notes:
- I try to get the double boiler simmering before the mixture is ready to be added.
- For a more subtle cinnamon flavor, add the cinnamon stick after putting the mixture into the double boiler.
- Other risotto type rices will work, but Arborio and Carnaroli are the best.
Per Serving: 319 calories; 11.9 49.7 4.4 37 122 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I added chopped walnuts but it never thickened which is how I actually like it. Nonetheless it was very tasty. The lemon added a nice tang to it. Will make again.