Ingredients1 h servings 844
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Mash potatoes using a potato masher or fork.
- Stir ground beef and white sauce together in a bowl; spread into the prepared casserole dish. Layer corn over beef mixture.
- Measure about 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese and set aside. Sprinkle the remaining Cheddar cheese over corn layer; top with mashed potatoes. Sprinkle reserved 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese over potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 844 calories; 47.9 56.4 48.5 164 907 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
It is very much like a common dish in Quebec known as "pate chinois," which translates as Chinese pie, though it is not Chinese at all. The Quebecois season their meat with Worcestershire sauce...
Sheppard pie just like my mother used to make and ketchup on it too. Very simple and quick to cook. I've been know to doctor up instant mashed potatoes and spread those on top.
This is what my mother called Shepherd's Pie when I was growing up. This is a very basic recipe that can be added to or seasoned to your liking. I added diced onions, celery and carrots to the g...
It's very tasty, very simple, very quick, and very easy to put together. I had no corn on hand, so I used our frozen green beans instead, thanks to suggestion by Volleyballmom. Rather than ket...
Tweak alert. We don't typically eat corn but I really wanted to try this recipe so I used steamed green beans. I used jarred Classico alfredo sauce for the white sauce. This was a really good re...