Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 171 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place potatoes and 1 teaspoon salt into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, stir in garlic powder, and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain; mash potatoes until no lumps remain.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion in hot oil until golden and tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir onions, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper into mashed potatoes. Cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9-inch baking dish.
- Stir 4 eggs, matzo meal, and a pinch of salt into potato mixture. Spread potato mixture into prepared baking dish and brush top with beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center of the kugel comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 171 calories; 4.4 g fat; 26.9 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 116 mg cholesterol; 416 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1