Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 192 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Stir shortening and butter flavoring together in a bowl until well combined.
- Stir sugar, peanuts, corn syrup, water, and salt together in a 2-quart saucepan. Heat mixture over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until temperature reaches 300 degrees F (149 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms hard, brittle threads, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Carefully stir baking soda and vanilla into peanut mixture until fully incorporated. Stir shortening mixture into peanut mixture until dissolved.
- Pour peanut mixture in a single layer onto prepared baking sheet; cool until hard. Crack brittle into pieces.
- Cook's Note:
- If using popcorn salt you may want to leave out the regular salt. I found it was not too salty for me, but it is per your personal taste.
Per Serving: 192 calories; 8.1 g fat; 29.1 g carbohydrates; 3.1 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 164 mg sodium. Full nutrition