Easy Pork Posole
Ingredients1 h servings 289
- Season pork with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir pork in hot oil until browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer pork to a plate and return pot to heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook and stir onion and 2 tablespoons water in hot pot until water has evaporated and onion is soft and golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic, serrano peppers, cumin, and coriander; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir 2 cups water, chicken broth, and tomatoes into onion mixture. Whisk in cornmeal and bring to a simmer over high heat, stirring often; add hominy, pork, salt, and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft and hominy mixture thickens, about 30 minutes. Stir in cilantro and lime juice.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 289 calories; 10.3 31.5 16.2 37 748 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
I didn't have any of the ingredients so I had a bowl of ice cream! I'll do this again. Thanks for the recipe!
This is a fabulous quick Posole recipe. I have spent much more time and not had nearly as good results with other recipes. I did make a few alterations and additions however. I used one each lar...
Pretty solid recipe. My only recommendation would be to add the pork in much later in the process (maybe 5 minutes before you are done) or else it ends up very overcooked.
Can't make posole any easier than this, I did add some cumin to up the flavor profile a little. I liked the addition of cornmeal to make it a little thicker. The seniors loved this one
I followed the recipe exactly except after cooking for 30 minutes I covered it and cooked it another 30 minutes. This made the pork more tender. Excellent recipe! Even better warmed up as lef...
I often have a craving for Posole soup, but have never found it on a Mexican restaurant menu. So have to fix it myself. This is an excelent recipe, and easy to prepare. I did not have Serrano pe...
I used green bell pepper instead of serrano so that my child would like it and ended up removing the only kick in the dish. It was delicious but a little bland because of the substitute. I overc...
Very good. Only change I made was instead of corn meal I used 1/8 cup masa harana. Next time will add more hominy.