Ingredients50 m servings 103
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 1 minute. Add the 1/2 cup granulated sugar and the vanilla; beat until smooth. Beat in half-and-half until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat dough into an 8x7-inch rectangle. Cut into 1-inch squares and shape each square into a 1-inch ball. If desired, roll balls in coarse sugar. Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Using your thumb, make an indentation in the center of each ball. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. (If an indentation puffs up during baking, re-press with the end of a wooden spoon.) Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
- Meanwhile, for ganache filling, in a medium saucepan, bring the whipping cream just to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Add Ghirardelli(R) 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips; do not stir. Let stand for 5 minutes; stir until smooth. Cool for 15 minutes before using. Spoon about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of the filling in the center of each cookie.*
- Enjoy immediately, store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- *Any remaining ganache can be covered and stored in refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reuse, place in a microwave-safe bowl and cook on medium power (50 percent) for 30 to 60 seconds. Remove and stir. Use as a topping for ice cream or pound cake, or as a dip for cookies.
Per Serving: 103 calories; 6.7 10.7 1 13 2 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
These are good if you are looking for a cookie that is not real sweet. Easy to make. Followed recipe exactly, if I were to make it again I would use sweeter chocolate.
I added some ground toasted almonds to give it more body, and these were great. The ganache is terrific. It sets perfectly. These were a hit.
Delicious, with or without the ganache! Also added toasted ground almonds like another review said, though not completely ground because they added a slight crunch to the consistency. Not too sw...
Very simple to throw together with common ingredients. Did not have the brand of specified chocolate, so I used 8 ozs. of another popular brand. Came out Great!