Ingredients8 h 45 m servings 455
- Cut several slits into the fatty side of the pork shoulder. Insert garlic slices into slits. Transfer pork to a slow cooker, fat side up.
- Mix coffee, onion, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke in a bowl; pour over pork.
- Cook pork on Low until very tender, about 8 hours. Carefully remove pork from slow cooker to a large plate; discard excess fat. Shred pork with 2 forks or by hand.
- Reserve about 1/2 cup juices from the slow cooker; discard remaining liquid. Return shredded pork and juices to slow cooker and season with red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Add barbeque sauce and stir.
- Heat pork on Low until sauce is hot, about 30 minutes more. Pile pork over toasted buns to serve.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 455 calories; 22.4 38.2 23.3 75 750 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Sandwiches turned out great. I'll be making this again - followed the recipe as written.
I love pulled pork and I use varying recipes. This is one of the easier ones and it relies on using your favorite BBQ sauce on the meat in the end, it will not make its own. Having said that, i...
Really good... next time I will not save only 1/2c of the juices.. it needed more juice and sauce