Ingredients1 h servings 495
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes; drain.
- Melt butter in a separate pot over medium heat. Cook and stir sausage and onion in melted butter until the onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir tomatoes, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, orange bell pepper, red bell pepper, basil, thyme, and oregano into the sausage mixture; continue to cook and stir until the peppers have softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Add drained macaroni; bring to a simmer and cook another 5 minutes. Pour the mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish and top with cheese cubes.
- Bake in preheated oven until the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes. Stir melted cheese through the macaroni mixture, pat the mixture down into a flat layer, and continue baking until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes more.
Per Serving: 495 calories; 30.5 29.2 24.7 76 1476 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I put more velveeta cheese in it because I know my dear husband loves cheese. Me and my son don’t like it maybe because we are not fan of sausage. Next time I’ll make it again but replace sausag...
Kids loved this one. Doubled the ingredients just for extras after dinner and my kids and husband almost ate it all. I did not add Peppers but did put in the diced tomatoes
Last night, I made it exactly like the recipe. It's all gone. The kids liked it so much, they asked me to make it again tonight. The only difference will be that I'm using a can of fire roasted ...
I made this tonight, and I thought it was pretty good. I followed the recipe pretty much as stated, except I used rotini pasta, and omitted the green pepper. (I wanted to use a bigger noodle, an...
The bell peppers make it look so festive! Everyone thought this was a yummy keeper meal.