- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix soup and milk, then add pepper and green beans.
- Stir in 2/3 cup French fried onions. Pour into a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot.
- Remove from oven and stir casserole. Top with prepared mashed potatoes.
- Adjust oven to broil. Toast potatoes under broiler until lightly brown, about 2 minutes.
- Top with remaining French fried onions and serve.
- * You can substitute two (9-ounce) packages of frozen green beans, thawed, for the 2 cans green beans.
Per Serving: 175 calories; 8.9 20.7 3.2 2 740 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was my first attempt at a green bean casserole. I have to say, this recipe was incredibly easy and pretty much fool-proof. No one had seen a green bean casserole topped with mashed potatoes...
This was very good. It is a step up from your "standard" green bean casserole.
This was my first green bean casserole but I changed it a lot as I don't have canned beans or instant potatoes. I cooked up some homemade mashed potatoes and chopped my green beans first. I stea...