Ingredients1 h 20 m servings
- Prepare mashed potatoes following package directions. Stir in packet of dry Ranch dressing. Set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot; cook and stir until the vegetables are tender. Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add the shredded chicken.
- Stir in the tomatoes, wing sauce, water, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reheat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup bleu cheese, parsley and egg.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups sauce into a greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Layer with a third of the mashed potatoes, 1 1/2 cups sauce, 2/3 cup ricotta mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/3 of the cheese slices and 1/3 cup bleu cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- *These ingredients may contain gluten. If you're targeting a gluten-free recipe option, make sure to check the labels.
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I like buffalo chicken, and I was a bit apprehensive at first to try this because it seemed complex. Wow, was I wrong. This dish is unique and fun. It's to die for!
So good, added a little less cheese, and used a smaller pan. Not runny at all. My husband loved this creation.