Ingredients35 m servings 200 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly coat 12 (2/6.5 cm) non-stick muffin pan cups with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine cereal and milk. Let stand for about 2 minutes or until cereal softens.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Add egg, oil and mashed bananas to cereal mixture; beat well. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients, stirring only until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Portion batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Top each cup with a reserved banana slice.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Tip: These moist, decadent muffins are especially good if eaten while they are still warm from the oven! If you reheat them from room temperature in the microwave oven, they just need about 20 seconds per muffin at a gentle heat setting (medium or medium low).
- In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.
Per Serving: 200 calories; 7.3 g fat; 34.5 g carbohydrates; 3.9 g protein; 16 mg cholesterol; 231 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
Great muffins !! I love bran so this was a nice change from the usual plain bran muffin. Great way to use those overripe bananas too. I also used Splenda and replaced half the flour with soy f...
These muffins are awesome! I got the recipe from my mom and have made two double batches, giving half of each away. I used a light tasting olive oil, because that's what I had. Instead of doubli...
Very tasty, moist muffin! Only changes I made was to use coconut oil (melted first), 1/2 white and 1/2 whole wheat flour, and added an extra 1/2 cup bran flakes (sorry, Kelloggs...didn't have Al...
Great recipe! I used half whole wheat flour and they turned out great. Almost like a cupcake but much healthier :) I don't recommend the banana on top though... I goes brown and mushy ve...
These are delicious! I have had a box of bran buds sitting in my cupboard forever, and I think I'll soon be running out of them because I plan to make these muffins over and over again! YUM! The...
These are the best bran muffins I have ever made!!! Will be making them again for sure. Thank you for the recipe.
I hate bran, so this recipe was a way for me to try to get more fibre in a muffin that tastes great. And this worked for me! Yum. Very moist and not overly sweet at all, which is how I prefer my...