Southwest Meatloaf with Sweet Salsa Sauce
made it | 0 reviews |
Kellogg’s* All-Bran* cereal
"Moist, delicious, with a sweet and tangy salsa sauce using All-Bran* cereal instead of bread crumbs gives this recipe a boost of fibre."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 271 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9x5x2-inch meatloaf)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9x5x2-inch (23x13x6-cm) loaf pan with parchment and spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine cereal and beef broth. Let stand 2 minutes or until broth is absorbed and cereal softens.
- In small bowl, combine, eggs, chili powder, salt and black pepper.
- Add egg mixture, beef, onion, flour, celery, red pepper and parsley to cereal mixture. Mix together well. Press mixture well into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until food thermometer reads 160 degrees F (71 degrees C) at centre of meatloaf, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Turn onto serving platter and serve with Sweet Salsa Sauce.
- For Sweet Salsa Sauce: In small saucepan, heat salsa and brown sugar to a boil. Simmer for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Tip: This meat mixture is also enough to make 2 dozen mini-hamburgers, instead of meatloaf. For Southwest Sliders: Form the uncooked meat mixture into 3-inch (7.5 cm) patties. Heat a non-stick skillet, lightly coated with cooking spray, at medium heat. Cook patties in batches until food thermometer reads 160 degrees F (71 degrees C) at centre of patties - about 2 -3 minutes per side. Serve on toasted mini-hamburger buns with Sweet Salsa Sauce, above, along with fresh toppings and condiments, such as: shredded lettuce, diced onions, sliced tomatoes and avocado.
- In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.
Per Serving: 271 calories; 12.7 g fat; 19.6 g carbohydrates; 22 g protein; 105 mg cholesterol; 466 mg sodium. Full nutrition