Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 25 m servings 290
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat milk, ground coffee, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and mint in a saucepan over low heat until warmed through, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk egg yolks and remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar in a bowl; slowly whisk in about 1 cup hot milk mixture. Pour egg yolk mixture into saucepan and continue to heat until custard is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Line a sieve with cheesecloth and strain custard into a large bowl; discard solids. Whisk heavy cream into custard. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir rum and chocolate into chilled custard and pour into an ice cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Just a note on the amount of rum: alcohol doesn't freeze easily so adding it will make your ice cream more slushy than solid so you might want to lessen the alcohol a bit if you want it more creamy and solid.
Per Serving: 290 calories; 18.4 22.6 5.2 200 48 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1