Ground Beef and Vegetable Soup
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 341
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, celery, and carrots until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir garlic into onion mixture; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove pot from heat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef in batches in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer browned beef to onion mixture in the large pot using a slotted spoon.
- Heat onion-beef mixture over medium heat. Stir vegetable juice, beef broth, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, beef bouillon, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper into beef mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer to blend the flavors, at least 1 hour.
- Stir corn, kidney beans, cannellini beans, great Northern beans, green beans, peas, lima beans, and okra into beef mixture; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 341 calories; 11.6 34.8 24.1 47 585 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 22
Perfect for leftovers. Go to recipe for freezing and reheating.
I will definately make this again - made a lot more than I expected, so we have leftovers. I made it in a slow cooker.
Very, very good. Makes a lot but none went to waste. Used sweet corn, tomatoes, thyme and carrots from my garden. Omitted the Okra, everything else per recipe. Thyme was a bit overpowering the n...
This a great soup. On a whim, I added two cans creamed corn because I wanted some extra sweetness and some "weight" since I didn't have any of the canned beans on hand. This made a great soup pe...
Love this soup, and so does my family. I added potatoes, and didn't add Lima beans as I didn't have any, and also ran out of beef bouillon so used chicken instead, and followed the recipe otherw...