Ground Beef and Vegetable Soup
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 341
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, celery, and carrots until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir garlic into onion mixture; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove pot from heat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef in batches in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer browned beef to onion mixture in the large pot using a slotted spoon.
- Heat onion-beef mixture over medium heat. Stir vegetable juice, beef broth, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, beef bouillon, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper into beef mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer to blend the flavors, at least 1 hour.
- Stir corn, kidney beans, cannellini beans, great Northern beans, green beans, peas, lima beans, and okra into beef mixture; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 341 calories; 11.6 34.8 24.1 47 585 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 34
Great comfort food on a cold snowy day. Prep time is more than 15 minutes, but well worth it. Makes about 11 quarts (calculated from pot dimensions, not measured). Worked out to 20.3 calories pe...
Perfect for leftovers. Go to recipe for freezing and reheating.
Awesome soup! The only thing I did differently was prep it He night before and put it in the slow cooker the next morning. Cooked all day for 8 hours. Served with buttered Kings Hawaiian rolls f...
I will definately make this again - made a lot more than I expected, so we have leftovers. I made it in a slow cooker.
Very, very good. Makes a lot but none went to waste. Used sweet corn, tomatoes, thyme and carrots from my garden. Omitted the Okra, everything else per recipe. Thyme was a bit overpowering the n...
This a great soup. On a whim, I added two cans creamed corn because I wanted some extra sweetness and some "weight" since I didn't have any of the canned beans on hand. This made a great soup pe...