Smoked Sausage Casserole
Ingredients50 m servings 424 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a pot of water to boil; cook peas in the boiling water until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Mix peas, sausage, corn, chili sauce, onion, basil, black pepper, and 1 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese together in a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until casserole is bubbling, 30 to 40 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese over casserole and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 more minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Another great tip - make ahead! This is my go-to casserole when I know I'll be away from my family for dinner. You can mix ahead the same day, or make and freeze to have on hand when in a pinch.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 424 calories; 27.9 g fat; 20.2 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 68 mg cholesterol; 1273 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Smoked Sausage Casserole Haiku: "Okay, this was odd. Only made for one reason: had that chili sauce." So doing an ingredient search on AR for anything including Heinz Chili Sauce yielded this re...