Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 288 cals
- Puree jalapeno pepper, garlic, shallot, and 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and black pepper in a food processor. Add parsley and thyme; process again to integrate.
- Rub the jalapeno pepper mixture evenly onto the chicken thighs, place onto a platter and cover with plastic wrap; marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour, up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-low heat. Cook chicken thighs in hot oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a platter, retaining drippings in the skillet.
- Reduce heat under the skillet to low. Pour wine into the pan; bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food from the bottom of the pan with a flat-edged wooden spoon. Stir lime juice and honey into the wine; bring to a simmer and cook until the volume of the liquid reduces slightly, about 5 minutes. Return chicken to the skillet. Pour broth over the chicken.
- Transfer skillet to preheated oven and bake until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Cook's Notes:
- If you don't have white wine on hand, double the chicken broth.
Per Serving: 288 calories; 18.6 g fat; 6.3 g carbohydrates; 19.6 g protein; 71 mg cholesterol; 67 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Sorry, this didn't really work for us. The chicken was moist enough but the flavour was lacking. Thanks for sharing Samantha.
Absolutely delicious! I gradually added the honey until it suited my taste. Why it had to be cooked in the oven I do not know. It wasn't at all necessary, so I didn't. Much quicker and conv...
The cooking instructions were spot on. The sauce was delicious. I browned in my cast iron pan so the meat released quickly. I coated the chicken in salt, pepper, garlic powder and curry powde...
If I would have stopped the recipe after cooking the chicken on the stove it would have been fine, but I added the other ingredients and ruined it. it never became a sauce, just a muddy mess.