Salmon Pot Pie
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 565 cals
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease two 2-cup baking dishes.
- Bring the clam juice to a simmer in a small pot. Place salmon fillet into clam juice; poach until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes. Remove salmon to a plate; reserve poaching liquid.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in carrot, celery, leek, and shallot; cook and stir until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Whisk flour into vegetable mixture; cook and stir until flour is golden, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk reserved poaching liquid and cream into vegetable mixture; return to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Stir dill and lemon juice into mixture; season with salt and pepper.
- Break salmon fillet into bite-size pieces; divide into prepared baking dishes. Cover salmon with 1/3 the sauce; layer 5 shrimp into each dish. Cover shrimp with 1/3 the sauce; divide smoked salmon evenly into each dish. Top with remaining 1/3 the sauce.
- Roll out puff pastry sheet 1/8-inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut two pastry circles large enough to cover the baking dishes and place one circle over each dish. Place dishes on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pastry is risen and golden brown, about 15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 565 calories; 45.5 g fat; 25.1 g carbohydrates; 15.2 g protein; 153 mg cholesterol; 687 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
mixed in other fishes in small amounts cod, whitefish, salmon and shrimp this tasted fantastic and I am not a fish person but anything will go in this sauce did not have shallots or leeks but ...