Ingredients3 h 35 m servings 122
- Place oats, molasses, butter, and salt into the bread maker bowl; add the boiling water.
- Measure 1/4 teaspoon sugar into a small cup and set aside. Pour remaining sugar into the oat mixture and stir. Let mixture cool to about 100 degrees F/38 degrees C, about 20 minutes.
- Pour warm water into the reserved sugar in the small cup; add yeast.
- Pour bread flour atop the oat mixture. Pour yeast mixture over the flour.
- Select Dough setting and press start. Check your owner's manual to see how long the kneading lasts, so you can add raisins to the dough 5 minutes before it finishes kneading. Let the bread maker run the full dough cycle, about 1 hour, though it will depend on your machine.
- Grease 2 bread pans.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down dough, but do not knead. Separate into two loaves and place in prepared pans; cover each with a damp towel and allow to rise for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven until the top is golden brown and the bottom of loaf sounds hollow when tapped, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 122 calories; 1.9 26.7 1.3 4 164 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Excellent molasses flavour and the raisins are a lovely perk in this bread. I am not a very experienced bread baker so I found I had to keep a close eye on the baking time but that was just me…...
If you like molasses, you'll like this bread! In spite of several errors on my part, the loaves came out "perfect". I think the recipe bake time is off, though - I had to bake them for 35 minute...
This recipe is delicious. I didn't have bread flour, so I used wheat and self rising flour. It is so good, I can't stop eating it.
My family is tough to please, and this is the first bread recipe that has gotten a big thumbs up from them, other than Jo's Rosemary Bread from this site. (Mom, quit trying other recipes, just m...
Just like my Grandma used to make. I dont have a bread machine, but made it with the usual bread method. Turned out wonderful