Loopy's Baked Apple Crisp
Ingredients55 m servings 423 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Stir cream cheese, brown sugar, maple syrup, walnuts, cinnamon, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and allspice together in a bowl until well mixed.
- Place apples, cut-side up, into baking dish, supporting them with pieces from the core underneath if needed. Spoon 1 1/2 teaspoons butter into each cored apple and top each with 1/2 the cream cheese mixture, filling the hole and covering the entire top of apple.
- Bake in the preheated oven until apples are slightly softened, about 35 minutes. Sprinkle apples with granola, pressing granola into filling. Continue baking until apples are cooked through and granola is browned, about 10 more minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- An alternative baking method might be to follow directions as written, but bake the apple for 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked through, then add the granola, press in lightly, and put under broiler 1 to 2 minutes or until brown and crispy on top. Omit or change the type of nuts. Try pancake syrup or honey instead of maple syrup. Add some raisins or minced ginger. Increase the cinnamon. Make your own crispy topping instead of using granola. Whatever changes work for you based on your preferences and what you have on hand.
Per Serving: 423 calories; 24.8 g fat; 47.8 g carbohydrates; 5.9 g protein; 47 mg cholesterol; 137 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I forgot to add the maple syrup, and I still will say this is really good. This may not look like your classic apple crisp, but it tastes every bit as good, and is so much simpler to make. Thi...
I did not make this recipe a written. i was looking for a baked apple recipe that used granola. I used the idea of adding cream cheese to my baked apples (sliced). i served this to a ladies lunc...