Ingredients1 h servings 419
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 10 jumbo muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Mix pecans, brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, and softened butter together in a bowl until mixture is crumbly.
- Beat 1 cup white sugar and oil together in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat pureed cantaloupe and vanilla extract into sugar mixture.
- Whisk 1 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a mixing bowl. Stir flour mixture into cantaloupe puree mixture; gently fold in cantaloupe chunks and lemon zest. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle pecan mixture over the top of each muffin. Continue baking until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 10 more minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cook's Note:
- A great addition to this recipe are blueberries. Add 1 cup of them in after adding in the cantaloupe chunks. Make sure to lightly dust them in flour or they will sink to the bottom!
Per Serving: 419 calories; 21.5 53.5 4.8 46 260 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I wasn't sure what to think about this recipe because I had never heard of a cantaloupe muffin, but, it sounded interesting! The texture of the muffin was soft and moist and did taste like can...
I love this recipe! It is a great way to use that melon that got a little overripe or doesn't have a great flavor for eating. The praline topping creates quite the "Wow" factor, although I usual...
I changed this quite a bit. Used only 1/2 cup of sugar and added a few chopped strawberries. Additionally as I don't like pecans I just put a little apricot jam on top of each one after cookin...