Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 622
- Bring water and wheat berries to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the wheat berries are tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Drain any excess water and cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spread walnuts onto a baking sheet.
- Bake walnuts in the preheated oven until toasted and fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and cool.
- Whisk canola oil, raspberry wine vinegar, raspberry preserves, mustard, oregano, and black pepper together in a bowl until vinaigrette is smooth. Measure 1/2 cup vinaigrette and store remaining vinaigrette in an airtight container in the refrigerator for another use.
- Combine wheat berries, walnuts, pear, Gorgonzola cheese, cranberries, and green onions in a large bowl. Drizzle 1/2 cup vinaigrette over wheat berries mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate for flavors to blend, about 30 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount for the vinaigrette. The actual amount of vinaigrette consumed is only a portion of the recipe.
Per Serving: 622 calories; 30.2 82 12.9 15 194 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Awesome salad! Used olive oil instead of canola is a much better alternative
Absolutely delicious! Thanks for a great side dish. I had some dressing left over that I will dress a green salad with.
I made this according to recipe except with red wine vinegar and blackberry jam since that's what I had on hand. Everyone raved about this! Will definitely keep as a regular.
My wife is not a fan of the blue cheeses, so I used crumbled goat cheese with cranberries. Great!
This is really good but I have a wheat berry source and a lot of people don't. My husband loves it!