Ingredients9 h 45 m servings 370
- Place Great Northern beans into a large container and cover with several inches of cool water; let stand 8 hours to overnight. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic in the hot oil until onion is translucent, 5 to 10 minutes. Add bay leaves and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Mix beans, water, and bouillon into onion mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover pot, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until beans are tender, about 1 hour.
- Stir squash, carrots, celery, salt, black pepper, white pepper, ginger, and allspice into broth mixture; simmer until squash and carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves from broth mixture and discard. Scoop 2 to 3 cups of vegetable-bean mixture using a slotted spoon from broth; blend broth and remaining vegetable-bean mixture using a hand blender until smooth. Return the vegetable-bean mixture to broth mixture and stir in sausage. Simmer soup until sausage is cooked through, 5 to 10 more minutes.
Per Serving: 370 calories; 8.2 56.4 20.5 27 1447 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
The white beans are delicious in this. Yummy flavor with the butternut squash. Great combination!
This is a delicious soup. The only change that I made was use 1 quart chicken stock, and 1 quart water. We ate it the first night and the second night we topped it with spinach, and let it coo...
Two great tasting ingredients in one fantastic soup. I made the recipe exact and it was very good. Next time I will add some bacon to zip it up a little. Will make again!
This is a fabulous soup. Followed directions as given but used vegetable broth instead of chicken bullion. Velvety smooth, more body than butternut soup without the beans. Very flavorful with th...
Really good soup. Not actually a huge fan of squash soup in general but had something like this at a friends and loved it and have been looking for a recipe. It does not have that "baby food" co...
Loved it!! I cut the recipe in half but doubled spices because preference .... I used leftover roasted squash and veg broth ( just vegetarians tonight ) and canned white beans for ease. I also ...
the recipe was simple and turned out really good. I used frozen organic butternut squash packages, instead of fresh squash, and it work just the same as fresh, just made it a little easier and m...