Three Cheese Salami Frittata
"This frittata was my grandfather's signature dish and was only made during the holidays. It is cut up into 2-inch squares and put into the refrigerator to chill for an hour, which also removes any excess moisture. It is a great breakfast snack for hurried mornings. You can take them on the run and head for work. It is unusual, delicious, and easy to make and completely addictive. You will need a large non-stick pan, without a plastic handle, that can go in the oven. I usually eat the edges as I cut the frittata into squares."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 262
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a large bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Pour 1/2 the egg mixture into the hot oil; arrange salami over egg mixture and sprinkle with parsley. Add 2/3 the Parmesan cheese, 2/3 Romano cheese, and 2/3 the mozzarella cheese over the salami-parsley layer; season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook egg-cheese mixture until edges of frittata are browned and middle is set, 10 to 15 minutes. Pour the remaining egg mixture over frittata; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, and mozzarella cheese; season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until frittata has risen to about 3 inches and middle is set, 20 to 25 minutes. Carefully turn frittata onto a cutting board; cut into 2-inch squares using a sharp knife. Arrange squares in a bowl and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Great hot or cold. I prefer cold with sliced apples or peaches on the side and a chilled glass of Riesling or Pinot. Can be served as a meal or the prelude to an evening feast. Make it Saturday and it Sunday morning with tea and apple slices. Always a delightful unusual appetizer.
Per Serving: 262 calories; 18.7 2.6 20.8 397 508 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1