Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 173 cals
Original recipe yields 32 servings (32 bars)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Beat cake mix and 1/2 cup butter with electric mixer on low speed until mixture is crumbly. Spoon out 1 cup of the mixture into medium bowl; set aside.
- To remaining mixture, add 3/4 cup apple butter and egg. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Spread evenly into pan. Bake 20 minutes or until starting to brown and top is set.
- Meanwhile, place caramels, 2 Tablespoons butter, and 3 Tablespoons of apple butter in a microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth and melted.
- Combine walnuts, coconut, and 2 Tablespoons melted butter with reserved cake mix mixture. Mix until crumbly.
- Pour caramel mixture evenly over partially baked crust. (If caramel has cooled and set, microwave 1 minute until it is very soft and pourable.) Break up and sprinkle topping evenly over caramel. Some of caramel will show through.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until topping is starting to brown. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Per Serving: 173 calories; 8.9 g fat; 23 g carbohydrates; 1.7 g protein; 18 mg cholesterol; 150 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was easy to make. It turned out perfectly and everyone at my family picnic loved it!