Ingredientsservings 168 cals
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8x8-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray. Line with heavy-duty foil, leaving an overhang on two sides to facilitate removal of bars from pan. Coat foil with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, oatmeal, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in butter with a fork until well mixed and clumps form, and then spread half the oatmeal mixture over foiled pan bottom, pressing to form a thin crust.
- Spread apple butter over crust and then sprinkle remaining oatmeal mixture on top.
- Bake until crisp and golden brown, 30-40 min.
- Cool to room temperature. Use foil handles to remove bars from pan. Cut into squares and serve.
Per Serving: 168 calories; 6.2 g fat; 27.6 g carbohydrates; 1.5 g protein; 15 mg cholesterol; 81 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
These bars were quite tasty. They reminded me of a square form of an apple crumble pie. I am in the habit of lightening all recipes up, so I did do that to this one with good results. I made my ...
I really loved these. I made them gluten-free. Really nice for a breakfast bar and the recipe comes together so fast. I'm going to do them again tonight with a different type of fruit filling! T...
Ohhhhh wow!!!! Is this recipe goooooddd rich in flavor and crunch and chewyness mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I didn't have apple butter so I just used fresh granny smith apples and put a little cornstarch a...
I added cinnamon and doubled the recipe to make them thinker. Delicious prefect for on the go breakfast or snack. ?? ??
Doubled the recipe to fill a 9x12 pan. Also, I used homemade apple butter from AR. Last of all, I would try different fillings like Pear Butter from AR.
I used about 3/4 cup apple butter and 1/4 cup honey and they turned out great!
Very good!! I used my homemade apple butter which is very flavorful, but I think these would be good even with store bought apple butter. I noticed that the name of these are "Cinnamon Oatmeal...
I used steel cut oats and 1:1 gluten free flour and they were still delicious