Ingredientsservings 457 cals
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a large-rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and melt the butter in it. When the butter has melted, add the grated onions and saute for 3-4 minutes, until soft.
- In a large bowl, mix the sausage, ground beef, panko, 1/2 cup apple butter, sour cream, eggs, salt, pepper, and allspice. Add the onion, once it cools. Get your hands in it and mix well, until evenly combined.
- Measure out the meatballs into one-ounce portions. Roll tight balls and place them on the baking sheet, close together, but not touching. You should have 40-45 meatballs.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the remaining 1/2 cup of apple butter, with beef broth, honey, and 1-2 dashes of cayenne pepper. Whisk well.
- After 15 minutes, remove the meatballs from the oven. Pour the sauce over the top, making sure to cover each meatball, and place back in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Once cooked through, shake the baking sheet a little to loosen the meatballs and serve warm.
Per Serving: 457 calories; 25.5 g fat; 41.8 g carbohydrates; 21.7 g protein; 120 mg cholesterol; 1325 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Each year I try something new to add to my "must make" list for the holidays. These meatball were at hit! Not one left over. I made these exactly as the recipe indicates. No need to switch thugs...
I only used 1/2 a teaspoon on allspice and it still was a little much. I followed everything else per the recipe. This is a good meatball recipe. I would recommend that you broil the meatballs f...
I used grass fed beef, no sausage, and a different brand apple butter. We really liked these, even my 2 and 4 year old kids! I would make more sauce next time though.