Roasted Chicken With Dried Fruit
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"A hearty dish with a sweet finish!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine black pepper, salt, Italian seasoning, garlic and olive oil. Apply spice mixture to chicken.
- Place chicken in roasting pan with chicken broth, apricots, prunes and cherries. Roast in oven for 45 minutes until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F. Strain chicken broth, reserve.
- In a medium saucepan, saute butter for 30 seconds, whisk in flour and cook for 2 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Pour wine into pan and scrape bottom of pan. Bring to a boil and reduce liquid by half. Add reserved broth, bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Season to taste with pepper and salt.
- Arrange chicken on a platter with dried fruit, serve sauce on side.
- Recipe Courtesy of Chef Jonathan, ALDI Test Kitchen