Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings
Original recipe yields 28 servings (28 cookies (14 red and 14 green))
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Place 1/4 cup of butter into 2 medium bowls. Microwave until melted. To each bowl, add 2 tablespoons yogurt, 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar and 2 teaspoons of red or green food coloring. Beat the egg in a small bowl and divide between the two bowls (about 2 tablespoons each). To each bowl, add 1/4 cup cocoa and 1 1/2 cups cookie mix. Use an electric mixer to blend on medium speed until each batter is well combined.
- Scoop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets (each color should yield about 14 cookies). Bake 12-15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to wire racks.
- Prepare frosting: In a small saucepan, whisk together flour and milk over medium heat until mixtures thickens to a pudding consistency. Cover mixture and cool to room temperature (can be refrigerated). Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add milk mixture and vanilla and mix until fluffy and smooth.
- Crumble 2 of each color cookie into small bowls. Pipe frosting onto remaining cookies and top each with cookie crumbs.
- Recipe Courtesy of Chef Kates, ALDI Test Kitchen
- *These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The cookies tasted terrible and the green was very ugly.