Beyond-Compare Brussels Sprouts
made it | 0 reviews |
"This accompaniment combines the popular holiday flavors of corn, stuffing and Brussels sprouts in one satisfying dish."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a square baking dish with cooking spray. Prepare corn muffin batter according to package instructions. Stir thawed corn into batter. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Reserve the bacon drippings. Crumble bacon once cool.
- Place Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet and toss with bacon drippings, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Break corn muffins into bite-sized pieces and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, add onion to pan and cook over medium-high heat until caramelized.
- Just before serving, toss Brussels sprouts with 3/4 of the crumbled bacon, caramelized onions and corn muffin crumbs. If desired, use chicken stock to moisten mixture. Pour into a serving bowl and garnish with remaining crumbled bacon.
- *These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.
- Recipe Courtesy of Chef Kates, ALDI Test Kitchen