Baked Brie Bites With Sugared Cranberries
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"Socks optional because they will be blown off."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 30 m servings
Original recipe yields 12 servings (24 brie bites)
- Sugared Cranberries: In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water over low heat. Simmer until the sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes.
- Add cranberries and remove from heat. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain cranberries. Roll in remaining 3/4 cup of sugar to coat. Air dry on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Baked Brie Bites: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add orange juice, bacon bits, walnuts, apple, cinnamon and 3 tablespoons brown sugar. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until sugar has dissolved and apples begin to brown, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in orange zest.
- Unroll crescent rolls and pinch together seams to create 1 large sheet with each package of dough. Cut each rectangle into 12 squares.
- Coat a mini muffin pan with cooking spray and place a square of dough in each cup.
- Cut brie into 24 pieces and place in the center of the dough square. Top with apple walnut mixture and a pinch of brown sugar. Bring edges of the dough square to the center and pinch to create a seal.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish each bite with a sugared cranberry for an unexpected burst of flavor.
You might also like
- Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen