Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 5 m servings
Original recipe yields 7 servings
- Slice the pork loin into 1-inch thick chops.
- In a medium pot, bring 4 cups water, lemon juice, honey and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add 2 cups cold water. Pour the brine into a plastic container large enough for the chops. Add the chops, brine overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pecans on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- For the stuffing: In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the apple slices, brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Saute until tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Add the chopped pecans and goat cheese.
- Remove the chops from the brine.
- Slit each chop horizontally to create a large hole for the stuffing.
- Spoon the stuffing into the chops. Season each chop with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sear each chop in extra virgin olive oil.
- Place chops on a baking pan and bake for 20-30 minutes until internal temperature is 155-160 degrees F.
- Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen
ReviewsRead all reviews 1