Ingredients8 h 35 m servings 738
- Stir garlic powder, chili powder, Mexican oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper together in a bowl. Sprinkle garlic powder mixture over both sides of flap steak, pat rub into meat, wrap steak in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Whisk honey, lime juice, cilantro, chipotle peppers, garlic, vegetable oil, apple cider vinegar, chipotle mustard, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper together in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours. Separate mixture equally into two bowls; one for basting and one for serving.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook steak on the preheated grill until smoke rises from the spice rub. Turn the meat and squeeze the juice from 2 lime halves over the steak. When the spice rub begins to smoke, turn the meat again. Brush the refrigerated honey-lime basting sauce onto both sides of the steak and cook steak to your desired degree of doneness, 8 to 10 minutes per side for medium. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Let meat rest for 5 minutes and chop against the grain into bite-size pieces.
- Spoon grilled meat into tortillas. Top with onion, lime juice, reserved honey-lime serving sauce, and queso fresco cheese.
Per Serving: 738 calories; 31 56.7 57.8 112 1486 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Very tasty and full of flavor. I actually used this seasoning on both thinly sliced flank steak and pork. It is so much easier if you visit an area Mexican Grocer and buy the meat already thinly...
I didn't have the chipotle mustard, so I took 2 tablespoons of yellow mustard and added 1/8 teaspoon of chipotle chili powder and mixed it together. It was appropriately spicy and worked great ...