Ingredients35 m servings 292 cals
- Whisk 2 tablespoons orange zest into melted butter in a mixing bowl, followed by white sugar, until sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes. Whisk in eggs until light and fluffy, about 2 more minutes. Stir 1 tablespoon orange juice, milk, and vanilla extract into egg mixture.
- Place pistachios into a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground. Add salt, baking powder, and flour to pistachios; pulse until combined, 3 to 4 times. Stir pistachio mixture into wet ingredients until batter is combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; generously butter a 9x9-inch square baking dish.
- Spread batter into prepared baking dish. Tap the dish several times on a sturdy work surface to eliminate air bubbles.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir 1 tablespoon orange juice with 2 teaspoons orange zest in a small bowl; mix in confectioners' sugar to form a thin, runny glaze. Drizzle glaze on top of pistachio bars and spread to cover top. Cut into squares once cooled.
- Cook's Notes:
- Zest oranges before juicing; it's easier.
- My pistachios were lightly salted, so if yours are not salted or heavily salted, please adjust the added salt in the recipe.
Per Serving: 292 calories; 20.1 g fat; 25.1 g carbohydrates; 6.4 g protein; 51 mg cholesterol; 272 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
These were wonderful. I tried them both with and without the chocolate chips. We really preferred them without. I will be making these again. Thanks Chef John. Fantastic!
Thanks to Chef John. Another ten star dessert. I used walnut, it turned out great.