Gram Opal's Sugar Cookies
Cucina di papa
Ingredients20 m servings 216 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and 1/8 teaspoon salt together in a bowl.
- Beat 1 cup butter, white sugar, and egg in a bowl with an electric mixer until creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add flour mixture, vanilla extract, and lemon extract to butter mixture; stir until dough is well blended. Roll cookie dough into walnut-size balls and place 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Press each ball down with the bottom of a glass to flatten slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until baked through, 6 to 7 minutes. Cool.
- Stir confectioners' sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, hot water, and vanilla together in a bowl until sugar is completely dissolved and icing is smooth. Spread icing on cooled cookies and top each cookie with a pecan.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 216 calories; 11 g fat; 28.3 g carbohydrates; 1.8 g protein; 33 mg cholesterol; 136 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
We loved these! The cookie is sweet with a delicate touch of lemon. Then it gets even better with a tasty icing that is the perfect consistency. Finally, the pecan on top is just the right to...
OH MY WOW! You know, when it's a grandma's recipe, it's gonna be GOOD. And this one did not disappoint. Everyone in the family LOVED these cookies--with and without icing. We didn't have lemon ...
My brother and I made these cookies together and didn't think they would turn out great, but we were wrong! They turned out amazing! It is really easy and fun which is just what we were looking ...
Made these for hubby, and he loved them! Ate 5 cookies before he stopped to breathe. Changes I made: Instead of 1/2 t of lemon extract in the cookies, I added 1 t. I decided not to use the glas...
Made it to the recipe for the cookies. I didn't have the lemon extract so I added a tiny more vanilla. Can't wait to try it again with the lemon and the icing. These cookies were delicious. Per...
I am by no means a baker, but this recipe was quick, fun and simple. My fiancé and I made cookies together for the first time and these easy steps were perfect for two novices. I did not have a ...
My kids gobble these up, even without the icing. The dough freezes well also. Definitely a keeper! Thanks!
These cookies are simply to-die-for. Not literally. I used lemon zest instead of extract, following the cookie part exactly and they were perfect. I had to increase the quantity on the icing jus...