Ingredients35 m servings 314 cals
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Mix flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, and ground cloves together in a bowl. Cut unsalted butter chunks into flour mixture with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; make a well in the center.
- Pour pumpkin puree, yogurt, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract into the well in flour mixture; stir with a wooden spoon until a soft dough forms. Mix pecans into dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat into two equal-size circles. Cut each circle into 8 wedges; transfer to a baking stone or baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake scones in the preheated oven until firm to the touch and lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat until butter is foaming and nut-brown in color, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Beat brown butter, confectioners' sugar, milk, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until sugar is dissolved and glaze is shiny, 3 to 4 minutes, adding more milk as necessary. Drizzle glaze over cooled scones.
Per Serving: 314 calories; 18.6 g fat; 33.9 g carbohydrates; 4.1 g protein; 39 mg cholesterol; 304 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I made this recipe last night and my boys LOVED it! The dough is very sticky, but have faith it baked up great! The final product is moist and just how you want a scone to be! The best part of ...
A lovely recipe , I only had a small change because I always like to try recipes as written the first time. I add 1/2 cup more flour as I think i went a little heavy handed on the pumpkin puree....
These scones are awesome. The brown butter glaze makes them so delectable!