Ingredients4 h 30 m servings 166 cals
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer quinoa to a bowl and fluff with a fork.
- Stir mango salsa, green onions, cranberries, sunflower kernels, champagne vinegar, and French vinaigrette into the quinoa. Cover bowl with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate salad at least 4 hours before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use diced mango, red peppers, and jalapeno peppers instead of mango salsa.
- Try almonds or pine nuts in place of sunflower seed kernels, if you prefer.
- I have found this keeps well refrigerated for 5 to 7 days in an airtight container.
Per Serving: 166 calories; 5.3 g fat; 27.4 g carbohydrates; 4.2 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 204 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Kudos to Amanda! This is a beautifully tasty salad. My entire family, from the youngest grandchild to the most senior, loved this salad. The only thing I did was add about 1/4 - 1/3 cup (loosely...
I liked it but made some of the substitutions suggested. I used almonds instead of sunflower seeds. For this reason I think it lacks the saltiness needed. Next time I will add salted nuts or coo...