Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 467
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spread pecans onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pecans are toasted and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Heat oil and mushroom liquid together in a large skillet over low heat. Cook and stir sweet potato in the oil mixture until tender, 20 minutes, adding a small portion of the vegetable stock if liquid is needed. Stir mushrooms, vegetable stock, orange zest, orange juice, green onions, jalapeno pepper, poultry seasoning, cumin, and allspice into sweet potato mixture; cover skillet and simmer for flavors to blend, about 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir couscous, dried fruit, and coconut into sweet potato mixture. Cover skillet and let stand until couscous has absorbed all the liquid, about 5 minutes. Fold pecans and cilantro into couscous mixture.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- The butter and chicken broth options improve the flavor. Any dried fruit will do: I used packaged mixed fruit bits.
- Egg pastina pasta is the same as couscous and is much less expensive.
- Toasting the pecans makes a BIG difference!
Per Serving: 467 calories; 21.1 63.8 9 0 366 Full nutrition