Date and Fig Quick Bread
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 241 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 loaf)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x4-inch loaf pan.
- Spread walnuts onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until toasted and fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Mix dates, figs, butter, and baking soda together in a bowl. Pour boiling water over the date mixture. Let sit for figs to slightly rehydrate, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir sugar, walnuts, and eggs into date mixture. Whisk all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, salt, and baking soda together in a separate bowl. Stir flour mixture into date mixture until batter is just combined. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 55 to 65 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Per Serving: 241 calories; 8.3 g fat; 40.6 g carbohydrates; 4.5 g protein; 41 mg cholesterol; 290 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2