Fig and Hazelnut Bread Pudding
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 438
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8-inch glass casserole dish with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Soak bread slices in a bowl of water until soggy, about 5 minutes. Remove slices from bowl and squeeze out excess water.
- Place bread in a separate bowl and mash using your hands; stir in 1 cup figs, 1 cup apricots, raisins, hazelnuts, brown sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, cinnamon, ginger, and salt until brown sugar is dissolved. Stir egg into bread mixture until evenly mixed. Spoon bread mixture into the prepared casserole dish, smoothing the top with the back of the spoon. Decorate the mixture with 2 sliced figs and 2 sliced apricots; dot with remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges and top of bread pudding are lightly browned and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Beat cream and honey together in a bowl using an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Serve bread pudding warm or cold with a few spoonfuls of honey whipped cream.
- Cook's Note:
- The quality of the bread is the number-one determining factor in the quality of your finished bread pudding. I like to use a nice eggy bread, like a challah or a Portuguese sweet bread. But even just a good-quality white bread works just fine.
Per Serving: 438 calories; 19.6 64.2 7.5 92 281 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1