Ingredients8 h 35 m servings 188
- Combine figs, vinegar, brown sugar, onion, ginger, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, cloves, and cinnamon in a saucepan; simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until fig spread is reduced, about 30 minutes. Transfer fig spread to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet. Lightly spray both sides of each bread slice with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake bread slices under the broiler until toasted, about 2 minutes per side. Remove bread from oven and cool slightly, keeping broiler on.
- Blend fig spread in a blender or food processor until pureed. Spread about 1 teaspoon fig spread onto each toasted bread slice; top with Brie cheese and apple pieces. Sprinkle each crostini with oregano.
- Broil crostini in the preheated oven until Brie cheese is melted and browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
Per Serving: 188 calories; 5.9 28.4 6.8 19 246 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I really liked these. I cheated and used a store bought fig jam (in cheese section). I can't get figs here most of the time. If you go this route, spread the jam thinly, it is sweet and can be o...
I served this tonight for company, and it was a hit! One thought there was too much cinnamon/cloves, but the others wanted the recipe for sure. I followed the directions as written using both ...
Holy moly these are delicious! I made these for breakfast, and my husband and I loved them! The only thing I didn't do is puree the spread; I don't think it needed it. The flavors meld so nicely...
These were absolutely delicious. Made them exactly as the recipe says and they were very tasty.
I made this for my annual New Year's Day open house and it was a hit! My "regulars" to the party said it needs to be on the menu every year so I'm making it again this year. I'm always in a hurr...
Nice recipe. May be a little too sweet with both the brown sugar and the figs. I may try reducing the brown sugar next time. All in all this was a great starter for dinner.