Ingredients2 h 40 m servings 442
- Place beef ribs in a large stock pot over medium heat. Brown on all sides. Cover with water and bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
- Remove meat and bones to a cutting board to cool. Introduce onions, beef broth and salt to the rib water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
- When the bones are cool enough to handle, remove the meat with a knife. Finely chop the meat and add to the soup.
- After an hour of simmering, season the soup with the liquid seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 30 minutes more.
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Cut French bread in slices that will fit in your serving bowls. Place slices on a baking sheet and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder and paprika. Place under preheated broiler until browned, 2 to 10 minutes.
- Ladle soup into 6 ovenproof serving bowls. Lay one crouton over each serving. Top with mozzarella. Place bowls on a sturdy baking sheet and place under broiler to melt cheese, 1 minutes. Serve at once.
Per Serving: 442 calories; 21.7 24.1 36.6 96 1560 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This does not have the depth of flavor that true onion soup should have. Without slowly browing the onions, it just taste like weak beef broth with a nasty onion taste. Also, classic French On...
Wow! Beef ribs make such a difference. I highly recommend you try this recipe.