Ingredients1 h servings 163
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat confectioners' sugar, butter, and 1 tablespoon apple juice concentrate together in a bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy; stir in flour and salt until dough is just combined. Roll dough into 3/4-inch balls and arrange on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are light golden brown, 12 to 17 minutes. Immediately insert toothpicks in the center of each cookie. Place cookies on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine caramels, 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate, and water in a saucepan over low heat; cook and stir until mixture is smooth, 5 to 10 minutes. Spoon caramel sauce over each cookie, letting excess caramel sauce drip off.
- Pour walnuts onto a plate. Press the bottom of each caramel-coated cookie into the walnuts and transfer to a sheet of waxed paper to set.
- Cook's Note:
- If caramel mixture becomes too thick, stir in more water 1/4 teaspoon at a time.
Per Serving: 163 calories; 8.6 20.7 2 14 92 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This cookie presents very well. However, I wish I would have add some type of natural apple extract, of some sort, to the cookie base. It is a very butter tasting cookie. The apple concentrate i...
Needs some tweaks-but cute cookies!! I froze mine for 10 minutes, but they still spread a little. Might try baking them in my donut hole pan. WAY too much liquid in the caramel. 14oz pack of ca...