Chia Seed Chips
Ingredients25 m servings 177
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix flour, chia seeds, 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt, and sea salt in a bowl; stir in water until dough is completely combined. Form dough into thin bite-size rounds and arrange on a baking sheet. Sprinkle rounds with seasoned salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crisp, about 15 minutes. Cool completely and store in an airtight container or resealable bag.
- Cook's Notes:
- For plain chips: replace the 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt with 1 teaspoon sea salt and sprinkle with sea salt before baking.
- For cheesy chips: stir in about 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese before adding water. These won't keep as long, maybe 2 to 3 days.
- For dipping chips: Make chips a bit bigger and thicker so they will hold up to thick dips. Cook for an extra 2 to 5 minutes.
- For crackers: eliminate seasoning salt. Roll out dough between two sheets of parchment or waxed paper and cut into rectangles.
Per Serving: 177 calories; 5.2 28.8 6.5 0 847 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Almost perfect recipe but way too salty. I did use Himalayan salt not sea salt so not sure if that has something yo do with it but I'd half the salt anyways. Otherwise super yummy with a healthy...
Taste wasn't great but I ate them because they were "healthy". I learned that chia seeds have to be expanded in water before they are used.